Terms and conditions and privacy notice –
§ 1 General information, period of participation
- These terms and conditions of participation and data protection notice regulate the terms and conditions of participation for the competition of VARTA Consumer Batteries GmbH & Co. KGaA, Alfred-Krupp-Str. 9, 73479 Ellwangen, Germany (in the following "VARTA Consumer") over the VARTA Consumer newsletter in the period between 30.09.2015 and 14.10.2015 (“Promotion Period”).
- Entrants may only participate in this competition upon reading and agreeing to the following terms and conditions. In taking part in this competition, the participants accept these terms and conditions of participation.
- In case of a dispute, VARTA Consumer’s decision shall be final.
§ 2 Requirements for participation
- Eligible for participation – acting in their own name – are all natural persons aged 18 years and above who are legal residents of Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Poland, Romania, Spain and the UK.
- Minors, employees of häberlein & mauerer AG as well as employees of VARTA Consumer and its associated companies and their relatives are excluded from participation. Participation in the competition by competition clubs or agencies is not allowed.
- Participation requires sending an e-mail with the subject “LCD Smart Charger” to email@example.com including participant’s name, date of birth, country and the right answer to the asked question in the newsletter.
- Each participant may participate in the competition only once by sending an e-mail.
- Participation is possible only within the period of time stated in Clause 1. All decisions are final.
- No purchase is necessary for participation.
§ 3 Prizes
- The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all valid and correct competition entries. From all valid and correct competition entries twelve LCD Smart Charger sets are drawn. Each set consists of one charger and one package AAA rechargeable batteries amounting to 50 €. Each participant may receive only one prize during the Promotion Period.
- The winner(s) will be informed within 14 days of the end of the Promotion Period by e-mail. The winner must respond within five (5) working days via e-mail and stating his or her full name, address, date of birth and phone number. VARTA Consumer is not obligated to research correct addresses if the information provided is erroneous.
- The prize will be sent by mail within four (4) weeks to the postal address provided at VARTA Consumer’s expense.
- If the winner fails to respond by this deadline or if it is not possible to deliver the prize, he or she will forfeit his or her claim to the prize and another winner will be drawn again from the entire field of participants.
- Alternative cash payment, exchange or transfer of the prizes to third parties is not possible.
§ 4 Execution of competition
- VARTA Consumer assumes no liability for damages resulting from impaired availability of the newsletter or the Webpage. VARTA Consumer also assumes no liability for any and all transmission errors. Furthermore, VARTA Consumer does not assume any guarantee that Facebook and/or the VARTA Consumer German Facebook page is capable of functioning properly on the respective participant(s) computer(s).
- VARTA Consumer reserves the right to cancel or end the competition at any time without prior notice and with or without cause for any reason. VARTA Consumer may make use of this option in particular if it is not possible to ensure the proper execution of the competition for technical (e.g., computer system viruses, hardware and/or software manipulation or errors) or legal reasons.
- VARTA Consumer also reserves the right to exclude from the competition participants who violate these terms and conditions, state untrue personal information or attempt to influence the competition through technical manipulation.
- In the event of exclusion from the competition, prizes may be retroactively revoked and reclaimed.
§ 5 Privacy notice
- VARTA Consumer ensures compliance with the relevant legal regulations regarding privacy.
- In the event of winning the winner’s complete name, postal address, telephone number (for the contacting by the delivering parcel service) and date of birth (“Participant Information”) is necessary for delivery of the prize. VARTA Consumer collects, processes and uses Participant Information solely for the purpose of executing the competition. The participant hereby expressly issues his or her consent.
- VARTA Consumer is entitled to pass Personal Data to an external agency which is taking care of the execution of the competition and to third parties to the extent that this is necessary for carrying out the competition or transferring the prize.
The participant agrees that the collection, processing and usage of the Personal Data is done by VARTA Consumer’s external agencies
häberlein & mauerer ag
e-service group ag
Any further transmission of Participant Information to third parties is done solely to the extent necessary for the execution of the Contest or the handing over of prizes, such as required to deliver prizes.
All participants may object to the use of their Participant Information at any time either in writing or by e-mail by contacting
VARTA Consumer Batteries GmbH & Co. KGaA
Any objection will lead to the exclusion of the participant from the competition.
- Further details regarding data protection are stated in the VARTA Consumer General Data Protection Declaration.
§ 6 Final provisions
- German law solely applies in the event of any conflict.
- Each winner is responsible for any taxes payable due to the competition as required by local law and indemnifies VARTA Consumer in full against any third party claims.
- Should any provisions of these terms and conditions be null and void, or should there be any gaps and omissions, the remaining provisions will remain unaffected. Any null and void or lacking provisions will be replaced by provisions that come closest to the purpose of the contract and the legal requirements.
Last updated: Spetember 2015